In the last few years, the hype around “superfoods” has many of us adding random dried fruits and ingredients to our day without understanding what they are and how they work. Various foods go in and out of the trends, making us feel guilty if we don’t immediately add them to our grocery list. But instead of calling them “superfoods,” perhaps we should investigate the meaning of “antioxidants” and just how they can help us.
27 Aug 18
As summer is finally here, I always encourage my patients, friends, and family to spend time outdoors and enjoy the weather while it lasts. Spending time outdoors and in nature has so many positive impacts on our health…
27 Aug 18
Most women spend their entire lives waiting for their menstrual cycle to end. “No more discomfort!” we cry, thinking that this glorious time will bring cessation of all our hormone imbalances, headaches, skin concerns, bloating, mood swings, and of course risk of pregnancy.
27 Aug 18
Fasting is a voluntary abstinence from food or any calorie-containing drinks for a specific period. In plain terms, fasting is the act of not eating, as simple as that, but let’s not be misguided by the simplicity of fasting, because health benefits that you’ll get from simply restraining from food are numerous and amazing.
Cosmeceuticals - Natural Ingredients to Look Your Best 27 Aug 18Age-defying serum to reduce wrinkles? Under-eye cream to eradicate puffiness? Deep-cleansing mask to abolish acne? Welcome to the world of cosmeceuticals—a unique and relatively new term it is. Essentially, a cosmeceutical can be any cosmetic product with active, and often naturally derived, ingredients used for a medical, dermatological, or cosmetic purpose.
- Crucial Antioxidants - Uses and Who Needs Them the Most
- Eco-Friendly Summer Essentials - What You Need to Know
- Redefining Approaches to Menopause - What to Expect and What Options Are Available for Management
- Benefits of Fasting - Is it Right for You?
- Cosmeceuticals - Natural Ingredients to Look Your Best
- Myalgic Encephalomyelitis / Chronic Fatigue Syndrome - An Overview and Options for Management
- Herbs at Home - Help Is Closer Than You Think
- Borderline Personality Disorder - Learning to Calm Before the Storm
- Supporting a Healthy Liver - Naturopathic Approaches
- Vegetarian Diets and Anemia - A Review of Evidence
- Understanding Food Sensitivities - Naturopathic Approaches
- Endometriosis - Naturopathic Approaches
- Do Whole Grains Cause Diabetes? - A Review of Evidence
- Dealing with Shingles - Naturopathic Approaches
- Before Starting Hormonal Contraceptives - What You Need to Know
- Allergic Rhinitis - Curcumin and Probiotics Can Help
- What Does It Mean to Be Adrenal-Fatigued? - Naturopathic Assessments and Supports
- Vegetarian Diets - Thoughts from an American Blue Zone
- Periodontal Changes in Pregnancy and Oil Pulling - Naturopathic Perspectives
- Magnesium - Many Health Benefits