There are many things that I enjoy, but on the top of this list, in a close call with spending time with my three awesome kids, is gardening. From the first few warm weather days of spring until the crisp autumn air sends me inside to warm up with my botanical references, you can find me in the garden. Whether it be with the vegetables, herbs, or various perennials that I have collected over the years, gardening fills me with a joy that I’m sure others can relate to.
Vitamin B6, Tryptophan, and Other Serotonin and GABA Influencers - Treatments for Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder (PMDD)
08 Nov 18
Fluctuating sex hormones during the menstrual cycle can lead to changes in energy, mood, or physical symptoms, most commonly in the late luteal phase.
08 Nov 18
Inflammation has become a hot topic in the medical world, and the body of research around it continues to grow. We used to think that arthritis and joint inflammation began and ended in the joints, with no other influences or connections.
08 Nov 18
For the past few decades, the health and medical community has recommended “moderate drinking” to the general public. However, recent scientific reports make it challenging for any reasonable doctor to continue this practice. Perhaps the time has come for the medical community to do-away with this unhelpful and unhealthful recommendation and instead champion the cause of abstinence over moderation.
Cleansers, Toners, and Moisturizers: Cosmetic Ingredients - Managing Acne 08 Nov 18Cleansers, toners, AM moisturizers, PM moisturizers, sunscreens, serums, gels, and ointments… With infomercials showcasing amazing before-and-after effects, and the daunting number of products lining cosmetics store shelves, acne can be challenging to manage. Is a regimen using a multitude of products necessary? What ingredients should be looked for if they are needed?
- Borderline Personality Disorder - Learning to Calm Before the Storm
- Vegetarian Diets and Anemia - A Review of Evidence
- Herbs at Home - Help Is Closer Than You Think
- Supporting a Healthy Liver - Naturopathic Approaches
- Understanding Food Sensitivities - Naturopathic Approaches
- Endometriosis - Naturopathic Approaches
- Do Whole Grains Cause Diabetes? - A Review of Evidence
- Dealing with Shingles - Naturopathic Approaches
- Before Starting Hormonal Contraceptives - What You Need to Know
- Allergic Rhinitis - Curcumin and Probiotics Can Help
- What Does It Mean to Be Adrenal-Fatigued? - Naturopathic Assessments and Supports
- Vegetarian Diets - Thoughts from an American Blue Zone
- Periodontal Changes in Pregnancy and Oil Pulling - Naturopathic Perspectives
- Magnesium - Many Health Benefits
- Candida Overgrowth Syndrome - Naturopathic Perspectives
- Traveller’s Diarrhea Prevention and Treatment
- The Development of Food Sensitivities - True and False Sensitivities and What to Do About Them
- Low-Level Laser Light Therapy - Potential Uses
- Mindfulness - What Is It, and What Does It Do for You?
- Cell-Phone Use - Five Health Impacts