Let’s talk about nutritional intravenous (IV) therapy, an often-underappreciated therapeutic option for many chronic conditions. Nutritional IV therapy is safe when properly applied, cost-effective, and sometimes surprisingly effective for some of the most stubborn cases.
18 Sep 18
Endometriosis is a chronic pain condition, which in 2009 was estimated to impact more than 344,000 women in Canada.  This number of cases was reflective only of surgically confirmed cases, and many more women experience the condition without a formal diagnosis. The condition can have dramatic impacts on quality of life, as women experience symptoms including severe menstrual bleeding and pain.
18 Sep 18
When it comes to women’s cervical health, the Pap test, also known as a Pap smear, is significantly important in reducing the incidence of cervical cancer. But with so many different stages of atypical or abnormal cells, even before the progression to cancer, it can be easily confusing for women to discern what their Pap results mean and what to do next to improve cervical health.
18 Sep 18
In the last few years, the hype around “superfoods” has many of us adding random dried fruits and ingredients to our day without understanding what they are and how they work. Various foods go in and out of the trends, making us feel guilty if we don’t immediately add them to our grocery list. But instead of calling them “superfoods,” perhaps we should investigate the meaning of “antioxidants” and just how they can help us.
Eco-Friendly Summer Essentials - What You Need to Know27 Aug 18As summer is finally here, I always encourage my patients, friends, and family to spend time outdoors and enjoy the weather while it lasts. Spending time outdoors and in nature has so many positive impacts on our health…
- Female Hormones - Why They Become Imbalanced
- Postpartum Depression - A Naturopathic Approach
- Anxiety and Insomnia - Breaking the Sleep/Anxiety Cycle
- Treating Juvenile Idiopathic Arthritis - A Naturopathic Perspective
- Managing Osteoporosis - Considering the Overlooked Nutrients and Best Assessment Tools
- Five Medicinal Mushrooms - Health Benefits
- Green Tea and L-Theanine Effects on Cognition and Attention During Stress
- Down Syndrome—Introduction and an Overview(Part 2)
- Why Do We Get Cancer? A Review of Causes
- Understanding and Treating Menstrual Mood Disorders - Naturopathic Approaches to PMDD
- Fish Oil for Physical Fitness - The Next Best Workout Partner
- 10 Steps to Improve Mental Health : Using Naturopathic Medicine
- A Holistic Approach to Eating Disorders - Naturopathic Perspectives
- Natural Nootropics - Because We Could All Use a Boost!
- Probiotics and Fibre Prevention and Treatment of Gestational Diabetes
- Obtaining Life Balance : Where Do I Start?
- Lavender in Your Daily Life - Four Little-Known Uses
- Interstitial Cystitis Part Two: Treating the Root Cause
- Dietary and Lifestyle Approaches for Interstitial Cystitis
- The Importance of Optimizing Digestion - Natural Treatment Strategies