There are many things that I enjoy, but on the top of this list, in a close call with spending time with my three awesome kids, is gardening. From the first few warm weather days of spring until the crisp autumn air sends me inside to warm up with my botanical references, you can find me in the garden. Whether it be with the vegetables, herbs, or various perennials that I have collected over the years, gardening fills me with a joy that I’m sure others can relate to.
Vitamin B6, Tryptophan, and Other Serotonin and GABA Influencers - Treatments for Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder (PMDD)
08 Nov 18
Fluctuating sex hormones during the menstrual cycle can lead to changes in energy, mood, or physical symptoms, most commonly in the late luteal phase.
08 Nov 18
Inflammation has become a hot topic in the medical world, and the body of research around it continues to grow. We used to think that arthritis and joint inflammation began and ended in the joints, with no other influences or connections.
08 Nov 18
For the past few decades, the health and medical community has recommended “moderate drinking” to the general public. However, recent scientific reports make it challenging for any reasonable doctor to continue this practice. Perhaps the time has come for the medical community to do-away with this unhelpful and unhealthful recommendation and instead champion the cause of abstinence over moderation.
Cleansers, Toners, and Moisturizers: Cosmetic Ingredients - Managing Acne 08 Nov 18Cleansers, toners, AM moisturizers, PM moisturizers, sunscreens, serums, gels, and ointments… With infomercials showcasing amazing before-and-after effects, and the daunting number of products lining cosmetics store shelves, acne can be challenging to manage. Is a regimen using a multitude of products necessary? What ingredients should be looked for if they are needed?
- Tackling Sugar Cravings
- Mental Health and Thinking Beyond the Brain
- Hypothyroidism: Causes and Management
- Prenatal Genetic Testing and Counselling
- Where to Start with Thyroid Imbalance
- Setting Your Internal Clock
- Simple steps to better sleep
- Pediatric snoring and obstructive sleep apnea
- Basic Behaviour
- Embryo Implantation
- Fighting Cold and Flu Season Naturally - Back to Basics!
- Female Hormones - Why They Become Imbalanced
- Postpartum Depression - A Naturopathic Approach
- Anxiety and Insomnia - Breaking the Sleep/Anxiety Cycle
- Treating Juvenile Idiopathic Arthritis - A Naturopathic Perspective
- Managing Osteoporosis - Considering the Overlooked Nutrients and Best Assessment Tools
- Five Medicinal Mushrooms - Health Benefits
- Green Tea and L-Theanine Effects on Cognition and Attention During Stress
- Down Syndrome—Introduction and an Overview(Part 2)
- Why Do We Get Cancer? A Review of Causes