Endometriosis is a chronic pain condition, which in 2009 was estimated to impact more than 344,000 women in Canada.  This number of cases was reflective only of surgically confirmed cases, and many more women experience the condition without a formal diagnosis. The condition can have dramatic impacts on quality of life, as women experience symptoms including severe menstrual bleeding and pain. Based on the prevalence of the condition, the cost of endometriosis to Canadian society has been estimated to be roughly 1.8 billion dollars per year (when accounting for health-care costs as well as the added losses associated with missed work and productivity). 
18 Sep 18
When it comes to women’s cervical health, the Pap test, also known as a Pap smear, is significantly important in reducing the incidence of cervical cancer. But with so many different stages of atypical or abnormal cells, even before the progression to cancer, it can be easily confusing for women to discern what their Pap results mean and what to do next to improve cervical health.
18 Sep 18
In the last few years, the hype around “superfoods” has many of us adding random dried fruits and ingredients to our day without understanding what they are and how they work. Various foods go in and out of the trends, making us feel guilty if we don’t immediately add them to our grocery list. But instead of calling them “superfoods,” perhaps we should investigate the meaning of “antioxidants” and just how they can help us.
27 Aug 18
As summer is finally here, I always encourage my patients, friends, and family to spend time outdoors and enjoy the weather while it lasts. Spending time outdoors and in nature has so many positive impacts on our health…
Redefining Approaches to Menopause - What to Expect and What Options Are Available for Management 27 Aug 18Most women spend their entire lives waiting for their menstrual cycle to end. “No more discomfort!” we cry, thinking that this glorious time will bring cessation of all our hormone imbalances, headaches, skin concerns, bloating, mood swings, and of course risk of pregnancy.
- Iron Deficiency - What You Need to Know
- Histamine Intolerance - Naturopathic Perspectives
- Back Pain and Lumbago - Natural Approaches
- Prolotherapy / PRP Treatments
- CoQ10 - Impact on Female Fertility
- Parkinson’s Disease Associated Sleep Disorders - Novel Treatments
- Sweet Almond Oil - Clinical Applications
- Constipation - 10 Anti-Constipation Tips
- The Best Solutions to Limit Toxin Accumulation Part 1
- The Best Solutions to Limit Toxin Accumulation Part 2
- How Meditation Boosts Immunity - The Evidence
- The Top 3 Supplements - Everybody Should Take These
- Arsenic in rice - An Overview
- Using Food to Fuel the Adrenal Glands - How to Not Be Tired and Stressed Out
- Benefits and Practices of Mindfulness - A Naturopathic Perspective
- Kava and Anxiety - A Review
- Citicoline and Alzheimer’s Disease - A Review
- Acne - Beyond the Skin
- Your Naturopathic Doctor - What Should You Expect?
- Nature and Mental Health - Naturopathic Perspectives