When it comes to women’s cervical health, the Pap test, also known as a Pap smear, is significantly important in reducing the incidence of cervical cancer. But with so many different stages of atypical or abnormal cells, even before the progression to cancer, it can be easily confusing for women to discern what their Pap results mean and what to do next to improve cervical health.
18 Sep 18
In the last few years, the hype around “superfoods” has many of us adding random dried fruits and ingredients to our day without understanding what they are and how they work. Various foods go in and out of the trends, making us feel guilty if we don’t immediately add them to our grocery list. But instead of calling them “superfoods,” perhaps we should investigate the meaning of “antioxidants” and just how they can help us.
27 Aug 18
As summer is finally here, I always encourage my patients, friends, and family to spend time outdoors and enjoy the weather while it lasts. Spending time outdoors and in nature has so many positive impacts on our health…
27 Aug 18
Most women spend their entire lives waiting for their menstrual cycle to end. “No more discomfort!” we cry, thinking that this glorious time will bring cessation of all our hormone imbalances, headaches, skin concerns, bloating, mood swings, and of course risk of pregnancy.
Benefits of Fasting - Is it Right for You? 27 Aug 18Fasting is a voluntary abstinence from food or any calorie-containing drinks for a specific period. In plain terms, fasting is the act of not eating, as simple as that, but let’s not be misguided by the simplicity of fasting, because health benefits that you’ll get from simply restraining from food are numerous and amazing.
- Fish Oil and Prostate Cancer - Help or Harm?
- Is It a Yeast Infection? - Common Vaginal Infections and Their Prevention
- Birth Control -What Are Your Options Besides 'the Pill'? Part 1
- Birth Control -What Are Your Options Besides 'the Pill'? Part 2
- Acute Inflammation in Physical Activity and Recovery
- Is Your Caffeine Addiction a Preventative Health‑Care Measure
- The Benefits of Eating Seasonally
- Rosacea - Naturopathic Approaches
- Probiotics - The Gut-Brain Axis
- Five Things Your Naturopathic Doctor Wants You to Know - Being Prepared
- Interstitial Cystitis A Naturopathic Approach
- Saffron - A Pricy Solution to Depression
- Food Sensitivities - What You Need to Know
- Endometriosis - Naturopathic Approaches
- What You Didn’t Know About Dark Chocolate
- Caffeine - Is It Healthy?
- Health Begins Before Conception
- Pre-Menstrual Syndrome
- Parasites - Their Biological Effects