There are many things that I enjoy, but on the top of this list, in a close call with spending time with my three awesome kids, is gardening. From the first few warm weather days of spring until the crisp autumn air sends me inside to warm up with my botanical references, you can find me in the garden. Whether it be with the vegetables, herbs, or various perennials that I have collected over the years, gardening fills me with a joy that I’m sure others can relate to.
Vitamin B6, Tryptophan, and Other Serotonin and GABA Influencers - Treatments for Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder (PMDD)
08 Nov 18
Fluctuating sex hormones during the menstrual cycle can lead to changes in energy, mood, or physical symptoms, most commonly in the late luteal phase.
08 Nov 18
Inflammation has become a hot topic in the medical world, and the body of research around it continues to grow. We used to think that arthritis and joint inflammation began and ended in the joints, with no other influences or connections.
08 Nov 18
For the past few decades, the health and medical community has recommended “moderate drinking” to the general public. However, recent scientific reports make it challenging for any reasonable doctor to continue this practice. Perhaps the time has come for the medical community to do-away with this unhelpful and unhealthful recommendation and instead champion the cause of abstinence over moderation.
Cleansers, Toners, and Moisturizers: Cosmetic Ingredients - Managing Acne 08 Nov 18Cleansers, toners, AM moisturizers, PM moisturizers, sunscreens, serums, gels, and ointments… With infomercials showcasing amazing before-and-after effects, and the daunting number of products lining cosmetics store shelves, acne can be challenging to manage. Is a regimen using a multitude of products necessary? What ingredients should be looked for if they are needed?
- The Best Solutions to Limit Toxin Accumulation Part 1
- The Best Solutions to Limit Toxin Accumulation Part 2
- How Meditation Boosts Immunity - The Evidence
- The Top 3 Supplements - Everybody Should Take These
- Arsenic in rice - An Overview
- Using Food to Fuel the Adrenal Glands - How to Not Be Tired and Stressed Out
- Benefits and Practices of Mindfulness - A Naturopathic Perspective
- Kava and Anxiety - A Review
- Citicoline and Alzheimer’s Disease - A Review
- Acne - Beyond the Skin
- Your Naturopathic Doctor - What Should You Expect?
- Nature and Mental Health - Naturopathic Perspectives
- It’s All In Your Head - Harnessing the Vagus Nerve to Boost Physical Health
- Fish Oil and Prostate Cancer - Help or Harm?
- Is It a Yeast Infection? - Common Vaginal Infections and Their Prevention
- Birth Control -What Are Your Options Besides 'the Pill'? Part 1
- Birth Control -What Are Your Options Besides 'the Pill'? Part 2
- Acute Inflammation in Physical Activity and Recovery
- Is Your Caffeine Addiction a Preventative Health‑Care Measure
- The Benefits of Eating Seasonally