Plants grow all around us; some with medicinal value we might not be aware of. Beyond health-promoting fruits, vegetables, and other plant-based foods, local herbs and spices and those easily obtained from the grocery store are ready and waiting for us to call on them for their assistance. If you are adventurous, you may want to grow some of these herbs yourself to have a ready supply.
06 Aug 18
BPD is described as a pattern of instability in multiple facets of life. People with this disorder often have emotional regulation issues and difficulty tolerating distress. They engage in self-harm activities, impulsivity, and attempted suicides. They typically feel empty inside, have mood swings, and may experience dissociations or paranoia. Abandonment, whether real or perceived, is a big trigger for someone with BPD. They may react with anger, and they have difficulty tolerating these experiences.
06 Aug 18
Every organ in the body has a unique and essential role in maintaining balance in the body. The harmony that is created when they all work well together can really energize us—but can equally deplete us when offset. The liver is an integral part of health and serves as a crossroads between many systems of the body.
06 Aug 18
There is a growing trend, particularly among young people, toward adopting a vegetarian or vegan diet. In fact, an article from the Toronto Metro—written by Aly Thompson and published March 13, 2018—reported on a Dalhousie University poll showing that Canadians under 35 years old were “three times more likely to consider themselves vegetarians or vegans than people 49 or older.”
Understanding Food Sensitivities - Naturopathic Approaches 06 Aug 18In my line of work, many patients come with chronic conditions that affect their quality of life, for which there has been little to no “standard” solution. Symptoms such as slowly worsening fatigue, weight gain, skin rashes, headaches, and joint pain are common complaints.
- Tackling Sugar Cravings
- Mental Health and Thinking Beyond the Brain
- Hypothyroidism: Causes and Management
- Prenatal Genetic Testing and Counselling
- Where to Start with Thyroid Imbalance
- Setting Your Internal Clock
- Simple steps to better sleep
- Pediatric snoring and obstructive sleep apnea
- Basic Behaviour
- Embryo Implantation
- Fighting Cold and Flu Season Naturally - Back to Basics!
- Female Hormones - Why They Become Imbalanced
- Postpartum Depression - A Naturopathic Approach
- Anxiety and Insomnia - Breaking the Sleep/Anxiety Cycle
- Treating Juvenile Idiopathic Arthritis - A Naturopathic Perspective
- Managing Osteoporosis - Considering the Overlooked Nutrients and Best Assessment Tools
- Five Medicinal Mushrooms - Health Benefits
- Green Tea and L-Theanine Effects on Cognition and Attention During Stress
- Down Syndrome—Introduction and an Overview(Part 2)
- Why Do We Get Cancer? A Review of Causes