Plants grow all around us; some with medicinal value we might not be aware of. Beyond health-promoting fruits, vegetables, and other plant-based foods, local herbs and spices and those easily obtained from the grocery store are ready and waiting for us to call on them for their assistance. If you are adventurous, you may want to grow some of these herbs yourself to have a ready supply.
06 Aug 18
BPD is described as a pattern of instability in multiple facets of life. People with this disorder often have emotional regulation issues and difficulty tolerating distress. They engage in self-harm activities, impulsivity, and attempted suicides. They typically feel empty inside, have mood swings, and may experience dissociations or paranoia. Abandonment, whether real or perceived, is a big trigger for someone with BPD. They may react with anger, and they have difficulty tolerating these experiences.
06 Aug 18
Every organ in the body has a unique and essential role in maintaining balance in the body. The harmony that is created when they all work well together can really energize us—but can equally deplete us when offset. The liver is an integral part of health and serves as a crossroads between many systems of the body.
06 Aug 18
There is a growing trend, particularly among young people, toward adopting a vegetarian or vegan diet. In fact, an article from the Toronto Metro—written by Aly Thompson and published March 13, 2018—reported on a Dalhousie University poll showing that Canadians under 35 years old were “three times more likely to consider themselves vegetarians or vegans than people 49 or older.”
Understanding Food Sensitivities - Naturopathic Approaches 06 Aug 18In my line of work, many patients come with chronic conditions that affect their quality of life, for which there has been little to no “standard” solution. Symptoms such as slowly worsening fatigue, weight gain, skin rashes, headaches, and joint pain are common complaints.
- The Gut and Microbiota : Impacts on Parkinson's Disease
- Demystifying “Detox” : The Importance of Environmental Medicine
- Male Fertility : Naturopathic Approaches
- The Problem with Pesticides- Further Explained
- Acute and Chronic Hives - Naturopathic Approaches
- Substance Abuse Treatment Options
- Spring Cleaning Never Too Late
- Finally, Some Shut Eye - Naturopathic Treatments for Insomnia and Sleep Disturbance
- Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis - A Needling Approach
- Tracking your Menstrual Cycles Demystified
- Safe and Healthy Childbirth - Why Every Woman Deserves a Doula
- Protein Requirements - What Is Required for Optimal Health?
- Iron Deficiency - What You Need to Know
- Histamine Intolerance - Naturopathic Perspectives
- Back Pain and Lumbago - Natural Approaches
- Prolotherapy / PRP Treatments
- CoQ10 - Impact on Female Fertility
- Parkinson’s Disease Associated Sleep Disorders - Novel Treatments
- Sweet Almond Oil - Clinical Applications
- Constipation - 10 Anti-Constipation Tips