In this part of the world, it is common knowledge that smoking cigarettes is detrimental to health and that the effects of second-hand smoke are just as dangerous to family and friends.Government legislation has forced many people to quit smoking by making it more challenging to continue the addiction, enforcing a 20-feet (6 m) or 30 feet (9 m) boundary around most public buildings, and making it illegal to smoke within any public building.
06 Dec 18
Gastrointestinal reflux disease (GERD) is the backwards flow of stomach contents into the esophagus, often referred to as “heartburn” or “acid reflux.” GERD most commonly results from increased abdominal pressure or a dysfunction of the lower esophageal sphincter (LES), a bundle of muscles located at the end of the esophagus where it meets the stomach.
Food Allergies v. Sensitivities v. Intolerances - The Three Most Common Food Reactions That You Are Experiencing
06 Dec 18
Do you ever feel bloated or constipated? Maybe you experience headaches or skin reactions that appear to have no known cause? Maybe you’re constantly tired, unable to concentrate or focus? The reason for these reactions may surprise you and have you looking no further than your dinner plate.
06 Dec 18
In a world where ideas about healthy eating and “fit” bodies are inundating the public constantly, it feels like it has become important to distinguish between a true, diagnosable eating disorder and a normal, societal consumption with thoughts of food and body—because they are not the same. What would be considered “normal” within a culture that has become incredibly abnormal around food/body is a topic for another day!
Curcumin - A Promising Intervention for Diabetes Prevention and Treatment 06 Dec 18The core of diabetes prevention and treatment relies on diet modification and exercise. The outcomes delivered when such strategies are utilized are of a very large and important magnitude. Yet, the ability to include a supplemental strategy to enhance these outcomes is certainly desirable.
- Quitting Smoking - The Challenges and Rewards
- Gastrointestinal Reflux Disease - A Naturopathic Approach
- Food Allergies v. Sensitivities v. Intolerances - The Three Most Common Food Reactions That You Are Experiencing
- Eating Disorders - Clearing Up Confusion
- Curcumin - A Promising Intervention for Diabetes Prevention and Treatment
- Gardening - Research Review
- Vitamin B6, Tryptophan, and Other Serotonin and GABA Influencers - Treatments for Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder (PMDD)
- Inflammation - This Is Where It’s Coming from
- Alcohol Consumption - Naturopathic Perspectives
- Cleansers, Toners, and Moisturizers: Cosmetic Ingredients - Managing Acne
- Rheumatoid Arthritis - Naturopathic Perspectives
- The Protein Myth - Vegetarians Can Get Enough Protein
- Polycystic Ovary Syndrome - A Review of the Condition and Current Nutritional Therapies
- Where Is My Missing Period? Naturopathic Approaches
- Should Bananas Be Part of a Healthy Diet? Naturopathic Considerations
- Urinary Tract Infections - A Naturopathic Approach
- Intravenous Nutrient Therapy - Naturopathic Perspectives
- Endometriosis and Antioxidant Therapies - A Review of Current Research
- Cervical Dysplasia - How to Discern Pap Test Results
- Crucial Antioxidants - Uses and Who Needs Them the Most