A fairly common chronic condition that afflicts people is rheumatoid arthritis (RA); a form of chronic joint inflammation that can have major impact on quality of life. The exact cause of rheumatoid arthritis is unknown, but it has a significant autoimmune component. This is how it differs starkly from the much more common osteoarthritis, which is more of a “wear-and-tear” form of arthritis that results from mechanical use of joints over a long and active life. Rheumatoid arthritis not only affects the joints, but also presents with systemic inflammatory symptoms.
11 Oct 18
It is the opinion of the author that vegetarians are not doomed to become protein-deficient just because they have made the switch from an omnivorous diet to a fully plant-based one. Contrary to popular belief, flesh foods are not a necessary source of protein. This is traditionally held belief, and as is the case with many such beliefs, it falls in the realm of myth, not facts.
11 Oct 18
Polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS) is a condition represented by both reproductive and endocrine symptoms. It currently impacts at least 5–10% of reproductive-age women.
11 Oct 18
Your period is late—really late. You’re not pregnant, and you’re not menopausal. You may have missed one cycle or several. Of course, it’s worrisome: Many women who have missed one or more periods often take several pregnancy tests just to be certain. But the causes of a missed period go well beyond the possibility of pregnancy.
Should Bananas Be Part of a Healthy Diet? Naturopathic Considerations11 Oct 18Bananas are sweet and filling, they can help you recover from strenuous exercise, and they can help eliminate muscle cramps. The amino acid tryptophan, a precursor to serotonin, is found in bananas. Serotonin helps you feel calm, can lighten and regulate your mood, and can lessen your perception of pain. Bananas are a versatile food that can be used to combat both diarrhea and constipation, and act as a natural antacid.
- Rheumatoid Arthritis - Naturopathic Perspectives
- The Protein Myth - Vegetarians Can Get Enough Protein
- Polycystic Ovary Syndrome - A Review of the Condition and Current Nutritional Therapies
- Where Is My Missing Period? Naturopathic Approaches
- Should Bananas Be Part of a Healthy Diet? Naturopathic Considerations
- Urinary Tract Infections - A Naturopathic Approach
- Intravenous Nutrient Therapy - Naturopathic Perspectives
- Endometriosis and Antioxidant Therapies - A Review of Current Research
- Cervical Dysplasia - How to Discern Pap Test Results
- Crucial Antioxidants - Uses and Who Needs Them the Most
- Eco-Friendly Summer Essentials - What You Need to Know
- Redefining Approaches to Menopause - What to Expect and What Options Are Available for Management
- Benefits of Fasting - Is it Right for You?
- Cosmeceuticals - Natural Ingredients to Look Your Best
- Myalgic Encephalomyelitis / Chronic Fatigue Syndrome - An Overview and Options for Management
- Borderline Personality Disorder - Learning to Calm Before the Storm
- Vegetarian Diets and Anemia - A Review of Evidence
- Herbs at Home - Help Is Closer Than You Think
- Supporting a Healthy Liver - Naturopathic Approaches
- Understanding Food Sensitivities - Naturopathic Approaches