In this part of the world, it is common knowledge that smoking cigarettes is detrimental to health and that the effects of second-hand smoke are just as dangerous to family and friends.Government legislation has forced many people to quit smoking by making it more challenging to continue the addiction, enforcing a 20-feet (6 m) or 30 feet (9 m) boundary around most public buildings, and making it illegal to smoke within any public building.
06 Dec 18
Gastrointestinal reflux disease (GERD) is the backwards flow of stomach contents into the esophagus, often referred to as “heartburn” or “acid reflux.” GERD most commonly results from increased abdominal pressure or a dysfunction of the lower esophageal sphincter (LES), a bundle of muscles located at the end of the esophagus where it meets the stomach.
Food Allergies v. Sensitivities v. Intolerances - The Three Most Common Food Reactions That You Are Experiencing
06 Dec 18
Do you ever feel bloated or constipated? Maybe you experience headaches or skin reactions that appear to have no known cause? Maybe you’re constantly tired, unable to concentrate or focus? The reason for these reactions may surprise you and have you looking no further than your dinner plate.
06 Dec 18
In a world where ideas about healthy eating and “fit” bodies are inundating the public constantly, it feels like it has become important to distinguish between a true, diagnosable eating disorder and a normal, societal consumption with thoughts of food and body—because they are not the same. What would be considered “normal” within a culture that has become incredibly abnormal around food/body is a topic for another day!
Curcumin - A Promising Intervention for Diabetes Prevention and Treatment 06 Dec 18The core of diabetes prevention and treatment relies on diet modification and exercise. The outcomes delivered when such strategies are utilized are of a very large and important magnitude. Yet, the ability to include a supplemental strategy to enhance these outcomes is certainly desirable.
- Prolotherapy / PRP Treatments
- CoQ10 - Impact on Female Fertility
- Parkinson’s Disease Associated Sleep Disorders - Novel Treatments
- Sweet Almond Oil - Clinical Applications
- Constipation - 10 Anti-Constipation Tips
- The Best Solutions to Limit Toxin Accumulation Part 1
- The Best Solutions to Limit Toxin Accumulation Part 2
- How Meditation Boosts Immunity - The Evidence
- The Top 3 Supplements - Everybody Should Take These
- Arsenic in rice - An Overview
- Using Food to Fuel the Adrenal Glands - How to Not Be Tired and Stressed Out
- Benefits and Practices of Mindfulness - A Naturopathic Perspective
- Kava and Anxiety - A Review
- Citicoline and Alzheimer’s Disease - A Review
- Acne - Beyond the Skin
- Your Naturopathic Doctor - What Should You Expect?
- Nature and Mental Health - Naturopathic Perspectives
- It’s All In Your Head - Harnessing the Vagus Nerve to Boost Physical Health
- Fish Oil and Prostate Cancer - Help or Harm?
- Is It a Yeast Infection? - Common Vaginal Infections and Their Prevention