In this part of the world, it is common knowledge that smoking cigarettes is detrimental to health and that the effects of second-hand smoke are just as dangerous to family and friends.Government legislation has forced many people to quit smoking by making it more challenging to continue the addiction, enforcing a 20-feet (6 m) or 30 feet (9 m) boundary around most public buildings, and making it illegal to smoke within any public building.
06 Dec 18
Gastrointestinal reflux disease (GERD) is the backwards flow of stomach contents into the esophagus, often referred to as “heartburn” or “acid reflux.” GERD most commonly results from increased abdominal pressure or a dysfunction of the lower esophageal sphincter (LES), a bundle of muscles located at the end of the esophagus where it meets the stomach.
Food Allergies v. Sensitivities v. Intolerances - The Three Most Common Food Reactions That You Are Experiencing
06 Dec 18
Do you ever feel bloated or constipated? Maybe you experience headaches or skin reactions that appear to have no known cause? Maybe you’re constantly tired, unable to concentrate or focus? The reason for these reactions may surprise you and have you looking no further than your dinner plate.
06 Dec 18
In a world where ideas about healthy eating and “fit” bodies are inundating the public constantly, it feels like it has become important to distinguish between a true, diagnosable eating disorder and a normal, societal consumption with thoughts of food and body—because they are not the same. What would be considered “normal” within a culture that has become incredibly abnormal around food/body is a topic for another day!
Curcumin - A Promising Intervention for Diabetes Prevention and Treatment 06 Dec 18The core of diabetes prevention and treatment relies on diet modification and exercise. The outcomes delivered when such strategies are utilized are of a very large and important magnitude. Yet, the ability to include a supplemental strategy to enhance these outcomes is certainly desirable.
- Managing Osteoporosis - Considering the Overlooked Nutrients and Best Assessment Tools
- Five Medicinal Mushrooms - Health Benefits
- Green Tea and L-Theanine Effects on Cognition and Attention During Stress
- Down Syndrome—Introduction and an Overview(Part 2)
- Why Do We Get Cancer? A Review of Causes
- Understanding and Treating Menstrual Mood Disorders - Naturopathic Approaches to PMDD
- Fish Oil for Physical Fitness - The Next Best Workout Partner
- 10 Steps to Improve Mental Health : Using Naturopathic Medicine
- A Holistic Approach to Eating Disorders - Naturopathic Perspectives
- Natural Nootropics - Because We Could All Use a Boost!
- Probiotics and Fibre Prevention and Treatment of Gestational Diabetes
- Obtaining Life Balance : Where Do I Start?
- Lavender in Your Daily Life - Four Little-Known Uses
- Interstitial Cystitis Part Two: Treating the Root Cause
- Dietary and Lifestyle Approaches for Interstitial Cystitis
- The Importance of Optimizing Digestion - Natural Treatment Strategies
- The Foundational Five - Naturopathic Approaches
- Ginger - Anti-Inflammatory and Analgesic in Dysmenorrhea
- Eight Mindfulness Techniques for the Everyday Athlete - Think Your Way to a Fitter Body
- Treating Heavy Menses Due to Fibroids - Naturopathic Approach