Dysmenorrhoea, or pain during menstruation, is a common problem. While not necessarily the case, symptoms such as dysmenorrhoea, heavy or irregular bleeding, pelvic pain, pain during exercise, pain during urination and/or defecation, as well as bloating, nausea, and vomiting, can be associated with a certain condition of the female reproductive system known as endometriosis.
14 Jun 18
If most people were asked the question: “What causes diabetes?” the vast majority of people will simply say: “Sugar,” and if questioned further, likely the individual will have the impression that “sugar” also means “carbs.” The practical implication of this way of thinking is a growing number of people are under the impression that all carbohydrates are “bad.”
14 Jun 18
Shingles is often touted as an infection of the elderly. We see commercials on TV for the shingles vaccine, and everyone pictured is over the age of 60. Perhaps the pain of shingles can be much more debilitating at that age, but the reality is that anyone who has had chickenpox is susceptible to shingles—no matter how old you are.
14 Jun 18
The availability of contraceptive birth control has been incredibly supportive of women’s autonomy over reproductive health. As women, we’ve been given this amazing opportunity to be in control of our bodies; whether it be for preventing an accidental pregnancy, or for obtaining relief from hormonal dysfunction.
Allergic Rhinitis - Curcumin and Probiotics Can Help14 Jun 18Allergic rhinitis (AR)—known for causing watery eyes, sneezing, runny nose, itchy eyes, and nasal congestion—is becoming more common in developed countries. In Canada, up to 44% of individuals claim to have experienced AR symptoms, while 20% have been diagnosed by their medical doctors. For some, it happens mostly during spring or fall, termed “seasonal allergies,” and for others, it is present all year round, aka “perennial allergies.”
- Endometriosis - Naturopathic Approaches
- Do Whole Grains Cause Diabetes? - A Review of Evidence
- Dealing with Shingles - Naturopathic Approaches
- Before Starting Hormonal Contraceptives - What You Need to Know
- Allergic Rhinitis - Curcumin and Probiotics Can Help
- What Does It Mean to Be Adrenal-Fatigued? - Naturopathic Assessments and Supports
- Vegetarian Diets - Thoughts from an American Blue Zone
- Periodontal Changes in Pregnancy and Oil Pulling - Naturopathic Perspectives
- Magnesium - Many Health Benefits
- Candida Overgrowth Syndrome - Naturopathic Perspectives
- Traveller’s Diarrhea Prevention and Treatment
- The Development of Food Sensitivities - True and False Sensitivities and What to Do About Them
- Low-Level Laser Light Therapy - Potential Uses
- Mindfulness - What Is It, and What Does It Do for You?
- Cell-Phone Use - Five Health Impacts
- Tackling Sugar Cravings
- Mental Health and Thinking Beyond the Brain
- Hypothyroidism: Causes and Management
- Prenatal Genetic Testing and Counselling
- Where to Start with Thyroid Imbalance