Plants grow all around us; some with medicinal value we might not be aware of. Beyond health-promoting fruits, vegetables, and other plant-based foods, local herbs and spices and those easily obtained from the grocery store are ready and waiting for us to call on them for their assistance. If you are adventurous, you may want to grow some of these herbs yourself to have a ready supply.
06 Aug 18
BPD is described as a pattern of instability in multiple facets of life. People with this disorder often have emotional regulation issues and difficulty tolerating distress. They engage in self-harm activities, impulsivity, and attempted suicides. They typically feel empty inside, have mood swings, and may experience dissociations or paranoia. Abandonment, whether real or perceived, is a big trigger for someone with BPD. They may react with anger, and they have difficulty tolerating these experiences.
06 Aug 18
Every organ in the body has a unique and essential role in maintaining balance in the body. The harmony that is created when they all work well together can really energize us—but can equally deplete us when offset. The liver is an integral part of health and serves as a crossroads between many systems of the body.
06 Aug 18
There is a growing trend, particularly among young people, toward adopting a vegetarian or vegan diet. In fact, an article from the Toronto Metro—written by Aly Thompson and published March 13, 2018—reported on a Dalhousie University poll showing that Canadians under 35 years old were “three times more likely to consider themselves vegetarians or vegans than people 49 or older.”
Understanding Food Sensitivities - Naturopathic Approaches 06 Aug 18In my line of work, many patients come with chronic conditions that affect their quality of life, for which there has been little to no “standard” solution. Symptoms such as slowly worsening fatigue, weight gain, skin rashes, headaches, and joint pain are common complaints.
- Herbs at Home - Help Is Closer Than You Think
- Borderline Personality Disorder - Learning to Calm Before the Storm
- Supporting a Healthy Liver - Naturopathic Approaches
- Vegetarian Diets and Anemia - A Review of Evidence
- Understanding Food Sensitivities - Naturopathic Approaches
- Endometriosis - Naturopathic Approaches
- Do Whole Grains Cause Diabetes? - A Review of Evidence
- Dealing with Shingles - Naturopathic Approaches
- Before Starting Hormonal Contraceptives - What You Need to Know
- Allergic Rhinitis - Curcumin and Probiotics Can Help
- What Does It Mean to Be Adrenal-Fatigued? - Naturopathic Assessments and Supports
- Vegetarian Diets - Thoughts from an American Blue Zone
- Periodontal Changes in Pregnancy and Oil Pulling - Naturopathic Perspectives
- Magnesium - Many Health Benefits
- Candida Overgrowth Syndrome - Naturopathic Perspectives
- Traveller’s Diarrhea Prevention and Treatment
- The Development of Food Sensitivities - True and False Sensitivities and What to Do About Them
- Low-Level Laser Light Therapy - Potential Uses
- Mindfulness - What Is It, and What Does It Do for You?
- Cell-Phone Use - Five Health Impacts