Dysmenorrhoea, or pain during menstruation, is a common problem. While not necessarily the case, symptoms such as dysmenorrhoea, heavy or irregular bleeding, pelvic pain, pain during exercise, pain during urination and/or defecation, as well as bloating, nausea, and vomiting, can be associated with a certain condition of the female reproductive system known as endometriosis.
14 Jun 18
If most people were asked the question: “What causes diabetes?” the vast majority of people will simply say: “Sugar,” and if questioned further, likely the individual will have the impression that “sugar” also means “carbs.” The practical implication of this way of thinking is a growing number of people are under the impression that all carbohydrates are “bad.”
14 Jun 18
Shingles is often touted as an infection of the elderly. We see commercials on TV for the shingles vaccine, and everyone pictured is over the age of 60. Perhaps the pain of shingles can be much more debilitating at that age, but the reality is that anyone who has had chickenpox is susceptible to shingles—no matter how old you are.
14 Jun 18
The availability of contraceptive birth control has been incredibly supportive of women’s autonomy over reproductive health. As women, we’ve been given this amazing opportunity to be in control of our bodies; whether it be for preventing an accidental pregnancy, or for obtaining relief from hormonal dysfunction.
Allergic Rhinitis - Curcumin and Probiotics Can Help14 Jun 18Allergic rhinitis (AR)—known for causing watery eyes, sneezing, runny nose, itchy eyes, and nasal congestion—is becoming more common in developed countries. In Canada, up to 44% of individuals claim to have experienced AR symptoms, while 20% have been diagnosed by their medical doctors. For some, it happens mostly during spring or fall, termed “seasonal allergies,” and for others, it is present all year round, aka “perennial allergies.”
- Using Food to Fuel the Adrenal Glands - How to Not Be Tired and Stressed Out
- Benefits and Practices of Mindfulness - A Naturopathic Perspective
- Kava and Anxiety - A Review
- Citicoline and Alzheimer’s Disease - A Review
- Acne - Beyond the Skin
- Your Naturopathic Doctor - What Should You Expect?
- Nature and Mental Health - Naturopathic Perspectives
- It’s All In Your Head - Harnessing the Vagus Nerve to Boost Physical Health
- Fish Oil and Prostate Cancer - Help or Harm?
- Is It a Yeast Infection? - Common Vaginal Infections and Their Prevention
- Birth Control -What Are Your Options Besides 'the Pill'? Part 1
- Birth Control -What Are Your Options Besides 'the Pill'? Part 2
- Acute Inflammation in Physical Activity and Recovery
- Is Your Caffeine Addiction a Preventative Health‑Care Measure
- The Benefits of Eating Seasonally
- Rosacea - Naturopathic Approaches
- Probiotics - The Gut-Brain Axis
- Five Things Your Naturopathic Doctor Wants You to Know - Being Prepared
- Interstitial Cystitis A Naturopathic Approach