Let’s talk about nutritional intravenous (IV) therapy, an often-underappreciated therapeutic option for many chronic conditions. Nutritional IV therapy is safe when properly applied, cost-effective, and sometimes surprisingly effective for some of the most stubborn cases.
18 Sep 18
Endometriosis is a chronic pain condition, which in 2009 was estimated to impact more than 344,000 women in Canada.  This number of cases was reflective only of surgically confirmed cases, and many more women experience the condition without a formal diagnosis. The condition can have dramatic impacts on quality of life, as women experience symptoms including severe menstrual bleeding and pain.
18 Sep 18
When it comes to women’s cervical health, the Pap test, also known as a Pap smear, is significantly important in reducing the incidence of cervical cancer. But with so many different stages of atypical or abnormal cells, even before the progression to cancer, it can be easily confusing for women to discern what their Pap results mean and what to do next to improve cervical health.
18 Sep 18
In the last few years, the hype around “superfoods” has many of us adding random dried fruits and ingredients to our day without understanding what they are and how they work. Various foods go in and out of the trends, making us feel guilty if we don’t immediately add them to our grocery list. But instead of calling them “superfoods,” perhaps we should investigate the meaning of “antioxidants” and just how they can help us.
Eco-Friendly Summer Essentials - What You Need to Know27 Aug 18As summer is finally here, I always encourage my patients, friends, and family to spend time outdoors and enjoy the weather while it lasts. Spending time outdoors and in nature has so many positive impacts on our health…
- The Foundational Five - Naturopathic Approaches
- Ginger - Anti-Inflammatory and Analgesic in Dysmenorrhea
- Eight Mindfulness Techniques for the Everyday Athlete - Think Your Way to a Fitter Body
- Treating Heavy Menses Due to Fibroids - Naturopathic Approach
- Top 8 Self-Prescribing Mistakes You Must Avoid - How to Avoid Supplemental Side Effects
- Managing Chronic Pain Using Meditation
- Focus on Food—Eating Mindfully More Energy and Less Stress
- Exercise and Mental Health - Naturopathic Approaches
- Green Tea, Capsaicin, and Ginger for Weight Loss Naturopathic Approaches Explained
- The Gut and Microbiota : Impacts on Parkinson's Disease
- Demystifying “Detox” : The Importance of Environmental Medicine
- Male Fertility : Naturopathic Approaches
- The Problem with Pesticides- Further Explained
- Acute and Chronic Hives - Naturopathic Approaches
- Substance Abuse Treatment Options
- Spring Cleaning Never Too Late
- Finally, Some Shut Eye - Naturopathic Treatments for Insomnia and Sleep Disturbance
- Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis - A Needling Approach
- Tracking your Menstrual Cycles Demystified
- Safe and Healthy Childbirth - Why Every Woman Deserves a Doula