In this part of the world, it is common knowledge that smoking cigarettes is detrimental to health and that the effects of second-hand smoke are just as dangerous to family and friends.Government legislation has forced many people to quit smoking by making it more challenging to continue the addiction, enforcing a 20-feet (6 m) or 30 feet (9 m) boundary around most public buildings, and making it illegal to smoke within any public building.
06 Dec 18
Gastrointestinal reflux disease (GERD) is the backwards flow of stomach contents into the esophagus, often referred to as “heartburn” or “acid reflux.” GERD most commonly results from increased abdominal pressure or a dysfunction of the lower esophageal sphincter (LES), a bundle of muscles located at the end of the esophagus where it meets the stomach.
Food Allergies v. Sensitivities v. Intolerances - The Three Most Common Food Reactions That You Are Experiencing
06 Dec 18
Do you ever feel bloated or constipated? Maybe you experience headaches or skin reactions that appear to have no known cause? Maybe you’re constantly tired, unable to concentrate or focus? The reason for these reactions may surprise you and have you looking no further than your dinner plate.
06 Dec 18
In a world where ideas about healthy eating and “fit” bodies are inundating the public constantly, it feels like it has become important to distinguish between a true, diagnosable eating disorder and a normal, societal consumption with thoughts of food and body—because they are not the same. What would be considered “normal” within a culture that has become incredibly abnormal around food/body is a topic for another day!
Curcumin - A Promising Intervention for Diabetes Prevention and Treatment 06 Dec 18The core of diabetes prevention and treatment relies on diet modification and exercise. The outcomes delivered when such strategies are utilized are of a very large and important magnitude. Yet, the ability to include a supplemental strategy to enhance these outcomes is certainly desirable.
- Eco-Friendly Summer Essentials - What You Need to Know
- Redefining Approaches to Menopause - What to Expect and What Options Are Available for Management
- Benefits of Fasting - Is it Right for You?
- Cosmeceuticals - Natural Ingredients to Look Your Best
- Myalgic Encephalomyelitis / Chronic Fatigue Syndrome - An Overview and Options for Management
- Borderline Personality Disorder - Learning to Calm Before the Storm
- Vegetarian Diets and Anemia - A Review of Evidence
- Herbs at Home - Help Is Closer Than You Think
- Supporting a Healthy Liver - Naturopathic Approaches
- Understanding Food Sensitivities - Naturopathic Approaches
- Endometriosis - Naturopathic Approaches
- Do Whole Grains Cause Diabetes? - A Review of Evidence
- Dealing with Shingles - Naturopathic Approaches
- Before Starting Hormonal Contraceptives - What You Need to Know
- Allergic Rhinitis - Curcumin and Probiotics Can Help
- What Does It Mean to Be Adrenal-Fatigued? - Naturopathic Assessments and Supports
- Vegetarian Diets - Thoughts from an American Blue Zone
- Periodontal Changes in Pregnancy and Oil Pulling - Naturopathic Perspectives
- Magnesium - Many Health Benefits
- Candida Overgrowth Syndrome - Naturopathic Perspectives